We see in the Insight Exchange animation ‘Seeing Possibilities’ (6mins) that every sector is a possible door to information and support for victim-survivors of domestic, sexualised and family violence. But what if sectors, industries and leaders are underinformed, and not being prepared early through their studies and professional experiences and networks?
Today's tertiary students will become tomorrow’s leaders.
If we really want to transform how we understand and evolve the ‘system’ of responses we have to change and support who is part of it, and how early on tomorrow's leaders are invited and supported to be involved.
In FY22/23 Insight Exchange is facilitating a Future Leaders program for tertiary students at colleges, academies and universities. This program has been donated by Insight Exchange and has no cost barriers,
As future leaders you will influence the understanding of and responses to domestic, family and sexualised violence and abuse within and from organisations, institutions, business, services and systems of our future. Whatever your study and intended career path, understanding domestic, family and sexualised violence informs what we design and how we communicate. Join the program to become an insight-informed student, future colleague and leader in the field you are entering.
This program is about creating a supported space for shared learning between some of today's leaders and emerging future leaders about what is possible in addressing domestic, family and sexualised violence. Together in the sessions we want to exchange insights and talk across the traditional divides between industries, institutions and generations.
- Understand the importance of ecosystem responses and explore ideas around where your field of studies fits into addressing violence and abuse.
- Understand more about DFSV including lived-experience insights and lived-expertise, and the importance of meaning, dignity, social responses, deliberation, resistance and responses to violence and abuse, and why language matters
- Build clarity in how to provide helpful and supportive responses to victim-survivors and identify/challenge complicit, harmful and unhelpful responses.
- Meet and exchange insights with leaders and subject matter experts who are forging change in today's systems.
- Develop connections with peer tertiary students across locations, fields and intuitions.
Expression of interest to be a participant in the Future Leaders Program
6 virtual sessions (over 12months) on a Tuesday 5:30pm – 8:30pm (Dates: 26/7/22, 27/9/22, 29/11/22, 24/01/23, 28/3/23, 30/5/23).
Expression of Interest Form - closed 6th June 2022. All applicants and successful participants were notified on the 7th June 2022.
If you have questions about the program please contact the Insight Exchange Team via ([email protected])