Thank you for thinking about championing this work. Your offer can make an important difference. We believe a significant contribution can be achieved in meaningful ways through championing the ideas of Insight Exchange.
Start where you are:
1. Share three key resources
Ideas for Action: Send a link directly. Or think about where and when you can point to these examples to more accurately represent violence. By sharing these resources in your work/context this may support efforts to challenge stereotypes that are harmful to people seeking support.
2. Share examples of Insight from lived experience of violence
Who in your world and work might benefit from reflecting on Insights from lived experience?
Ideas for Action: Send the link directly. Or think about where and when you can point to these examples to illustrate violence in your work/context to challenge stereotypes that are harmful to people seeking support.
3. Read/View the resources made available on Insight Exchange and provide your feedback.
Learning from and with you helps us to improve what we are developing and how we share resources. It also helps us understand their value (if any) and what, if anything, you have changed in your thinking and actions as a result.
Ideas for Action: work your way through the resources and take the time to let us know your feedback on each – this is a gift to developing the work.
4. Build interest and commitment to donate funds to sustain the Insight Exchange Foundation.
Insight Exchange gives voice and visibility lived experiences of domestic and family violence; to human dignity, the injustice of preventable suffering, harm, grief and loss, and foregrounds the role of society, services and systems to redress violence.
Gaps in understanding, systemic design, policy, provision and practice across the response continuum are used by perpetrators of violence to extend their use of abuse and this further compound the suffering, loss, injury, injustice and indignity of victims of violence.
We continue to seek and welcome financial support to make the Insight Exchange ideas, resources and supports available across every community, sector and system without cost or access barriers.
Donors can donate here.
Your donation will support:
People with lived experiences of violence to:
- Have the opportunity to have a voice and share their experience of violence in a safe ethical way that affirms their agency and upholds their dignity
- Have a role in informing positive social change
- Support others through sharing their own experiences
- Have the potential benefit from making sense of their own experiences.
Domestic Violence Service Management is registered as a charity (ABN: 26-165-400-635) with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). Eligible tax-deductible donations have Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status with the Australian Tax Office. Donations over $2 are tax deductible, a receipt will be emailed to you.